Monday 18 August 2014

Mental Preparations.

"And suddenly you know... It's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings."


You'll find out very soon that I have an odd belief in magic, the magic of moonlight, the magic of the smell of Autumn in the air, of laughter, of smiles, of the way squiggly black lines becomes words and those words become pictures in the human brain and those pictures evoke feelings in the human heart. It's an everyday sort of magic, but it's incredibly extraordinary.

And I believe life is magical. I believe my life is magical. Whether it's magic obviously seen on some of the best days of my life, or the magic behind the scenes on the worst days. I guess what I'm trying to say is- life is magical because God is wonderful, and He's been especially wonderful to me not only in all the wonders of my life so far, but also to the extent of the crazy beautiful fact that I'm going to college this Fall.

In fact, I'll be on my way in three days.

It's kinda been an exciting dream and day-dream of mine for the past.. year and a half? to go to college. This certain college where my brother is already attending. To meet all the awesome people he's told us about, to see all the awesome things we've heard about, to do all the awesome things that (those awfully old and mature and revered) college students do. It's been a sparkly dream, a grand dream, that honestly? Has gotten me through a lot of rough days and long nights because I knew this was what I was working for, persevering for. Oh the opportunities! The adventure! 

But... Here we are, three days away from commencing the journey. And frankly, I'm terrified.
Oh sure, it's easy and great to fantasize and all about a grand adventure ten, five, three months away in that far distant land called 'the future'. But, inevitably, at some point, 'the future' turns into today. Right now. Reality.

It's so easy to have all the right words, and do all the right things when you're turning in that big class project (in your head) but you're really just logging off another day on the time clock at work. Yet when the moment comes, when all these moments come, I know my fingers will tremble a little, and I know sometime the words just aren't going to come, and I know I'll find myself much more the faulty human than I like to believe.

And yet, don't listen to my silly fears. Because I'm much more than afraid, I'm ecstatic, and thriiiiilled, and oh-so-very happy to have reached this point. To be here. To be embarking on this, yes, magical experience. And, mark this, when registration begins, and classes, and I'm really there, all these colliding feelings of nervousness and terror and excitement and happiness are going to make a train wreck in my being and I. WILL. EXPLODE. (So if you happen to be there, and see me standing by myself with a silly grin on my face- You'll know I will be temporarily self-combusting)

And to think, all the grandness of life, of all this, is possible because God chose to create me, and love me, and save me, and hold my life together with His very own hands?... Don't ask me... Just don't ask me why I'm so incredibly blest. (It's insane.)

No comments:

Post a Comment